The Ground Operations and Security Nominated Person’s job is to guarantee that all the ground activities (cargo, warehouse, and ramp handling) are performed in full compliance with the standards and regulations set by Aviation Authority and in accordance with the efficiency requirements set by the Company.
- Define in cooperation with the Flight Operations Nominated Person and the Continuing Airworthiness Nominated Person, the Company standards for ground operations in order to guarantee the safety of the operations and the satisfaction of the law requisites.
- Define the contracts with the Ground Handling companies of the airports served by the Company.
- Ensure that the contracted handling staff is current in terms of Dangerous Goods training and weight & balance Training, collecting evidence periodically (at least every two years).
- Ensure that quality and safety standards referring to ground operation fleet processes are being satisfied according to what specified by EASA regulations and IATA recommendations.
- Guarantee the ongoing updating of the GOM (Ground Operation Manual) and the ALM, its distribution and its subsequent revisions.
- Ensure the monitoring of all procedures and services performed at stations, checking their correct execution on site.
- Ensure a liaison with the handling agents and providers (for operations of ground handling – folder, balancing, loading, ramp, catering, de –icing, parking, fueling, etc.)
- Ensure the technical training of the Company personnel involved with ground operations.
- Ensure the company procedure training (GOM, weight & Balance) to contracted handling staff involved in the company operations.
- Set-up various security procedures for the aircraft in relation to ground operations, as per the Company Security Program and OM Part A.
- Ensure the implementation of corrective/preventive actions required by the Compliance Monitoring.
- Maintain contacts with the Authority for the aspects of competence.
- The compilation of aircraft loads and trim data;
- Maintain constant contact and communication with the management of various organizations and institutions such as Civil Aviation Authority, Customs Administration, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, etc., to promote cooperation and exchange information for the benefit of the company
- Advantage: BA or equivalent degree in relevant subject.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Operational and Security positions, in Cargo Airline/ Freight Forwarder companies
- Deep Knowledge of EASA Regulation, National and International Security Programs.
- Strategic thinker with successful Operational and Security vision, execution, and implementation capabilities.
- Ability to be a leader within the company.
- Very good methodological skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams across the globe.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Open minded and constant thrive for improvement processes.
- Energetic with strong ability to motivate people into action.
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the applicable EU safety regulations and any associated requirements and procedures.
- Familiarity with management systems preferably in the area of aviation.
- Appropriate management experience, preferably in a comparable organization.
You must hold the right to live and work in Malta in order to be considered for this position.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.