Our client has a requirement for a self-confident, quick thinking, committed individual to fill this position within their company.
• Responsible for ensuring standardized techniques and discipline among the flight personnel, and that training is carried out as per TPM.
• Responsible for competency checks of all instructors, to monitor and develop
instructors within the company, and for Student dual checks as specified in TPM.
• Maintain complete oversight of all Grade III Instructors including their theoretical lecturing.
• Responsible for the finalising of any contract required reports.
• Responsible for discussing month end reports with contract students and monthly check-ins with civilian students.
• Check and monitor that all administration relating to Instructors (training files, documentation, reports, debriefs, etc) is kept up to date and current.
• Ensure all standard requirements, systems, aircraft equipment and processes are in place to pass a CAA audit.
• Ensure that all operational irregularities (incident & accident reports) are thoroughly investigated and actioned in conjunction with the CI and Safety Manager.
• Responsible for ensuring the thorough and comprehensive induction and orientation of new flight training staff and students.
• Manage and promote the Company's non-punitive just safety culture.
• Maintain a professional image when dealing with students and perform all duties relating to flying and ground instruction in accordance with the TPM.
• Compliance with all Company and SACAA policies and procedures with specific reference to Flight and Duty, timeous licence currencies (Incl. CRM/DG) and the TPM.
• Remain current with regards to red tags, all aspects of aviation law, CATS & CAR's, AICs, AIPs and Notams at all times.
The following is essential for this position:
• Grade II.
• SACAA CPL (H) License, Instructor Grade II rating.
• Minimum of 1000 hours instruction.
• Excellent written and oral ICAO ELP.
• In depth understanding of all relevant SA CAA Manuals and Regulations.
• Willing to conduct domestic and international travel as required by the company.
The following is preferred for this position:
• 3 years Training Management (CFI) Experience.
• Military Flying Training Experience.
• NVG Instructor.
• Human Factors Instructor.
• Flight Safety Officer.
• SMS Experience.
• Experience in Course Design.
If this sounds like the job for you, our client are also offering the following:
Salary circa R75K per month
- Medical Aid
- GAP Cover
- Group Life
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.