This position is perfect for individuals seeking an entry-level role in the aviation industry, with no prior aviation or cargo work experience required. What our client values most are enthusiasm, flexibility, and a willingness to work in shifts. They provide comprehensive training to help you succeed in this role.
From delivering exceptional customer service to monitoring, booking, and planning flights, their operations team members are expected to be adaptable, dynamic, and maintain a helpful and can-do attitude when dealing with clients, suppliers, and internal departments.
Job Title: Operations Officer
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Reports to: Operations Supervisor, Crawley
Working Hours: Shift work, 12-hour shifts (2 Days, 2 Nights, 4 Off)
Salary: £26,000 per annum & competitive benefits
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Providing 24/7 coverage for all operational queries and directions.
- Understanding mission requirements and setting up flights accordingly.
- Ensuring optimal utilization of resources (aircraft and crews) within crew duty and maintenance limitations.
- Coordinating and confirming flights with operators and relevant parties such as handling agents, fuelers, customs, and immigration.
- Monitoring flight progress and promptly updating customers.
- Identifying potential resolutions or recovery plans when necessary.
- Recognizing situations requiring escalation to line managers.
- Implementing recovery plans in case of delays or AOGs (Aircraft on Ground).
- Accurately completing company flight logs and post-flight data.
- Contributing effectively to procedures and other documents.
- Fulfilling other reasonable work-related requests as directed by the Line Manager.
- A demonstrable interest in aviation and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer experiences.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels, including clients, senior management, and board level.
- Strong attention to detail, with a highly analytical eye and a proactive approach to ensure accuracy.
- Efficient organizational skills in all responsibilities.
- Flexibility and resilience, including a willingness to work weekends and participate in an on-call rota.
- Ability to handle day-to-day responsibilities effectively, often under time pressure.
- High integrity and work ethic, coupled with a can-do attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Proficiency in IT, especially Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to perform and analyze mathematical calculations.
If you are ready to embark on a challenging and rewarding career in the aviation industry, where your dedication and adaptability will be valued, please submit your application for the Operations Officer position.