Reporting to the COO, the Quality Manager is responsible for monitoring compliance with, and the adequacy of, procedures required to ensure airworthy aircraft.
- Act as Form 4 Holder and Competent Person for Compliance Monitoring Management within Maintenance and Engineering functions, including Part CAMO, Part 145, Part 147, Part 21J and Part 21G.
- Provide and complete an annual audit plan acceptable to the accountable manager and the airworthiness authority.
- Implement the Quality and Compliance Monitoring program which includes a feedback system to the accountable manager to ensure corrective action as necessary.
- Monitor all activities carried out under Part CAMO are being performed in accordance with the approved procedures and service provider contracts.
- Monitor the continued compliance with requirements of Part CAMO, Part M, Part 145, Part 147, Part 21G and Part 21J.
- Ensure all engineering and maintenance regulation amendments are identified and incorporated into the Quality and Compliance System.
- Ensure the competent authority auditor/ surveyor is accompanied throughout an audit to confirm the organisation is fully aware of any findings raised during the audit.
- Shall be accountable for the continuing airworthiness quality policy, plan and audit procedures.
- Responsible for the currency and correct revision protocol of the Engineering and Maintenance Expositions and Handbook.
- Conduct Compliance and Safety investigations as required.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with CAA and EASA regulation in accordance with the QMS. Strive to deliver excellence in accordance with the company vision and strategy.
- Responsible for the development and management of the quality database software and Safety.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by complying with all company standards and adhering to legal regulations.
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work.
- Minimise our environmental impact by complying with all Company standards and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Be mindful of the impact our operations and your actions may have on the environment and be proactive in identifying ways that we can improve.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Compliance Monitoring Manager AOC, ATO in support of the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Ability to hold the CAA/ EASA Quality Manager/ Compliance Monitoring Manager Form 4 as approved by the CAA/EASA for the following approvals Part CAMO, Part M, P145, P147, P21J and P21G.
- Ability to hold the appropriate security clearance required for the role.
- A confident and competent trainer having successfully completed a training delivery course.
- Capable line manager.
- Active team player with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Sound knowledge of the organisation’s operations, procedures and activities;
- Broad aviation technical knowledge including considerable experience within Engineering and Maintenance department.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS) and have completed appropriate QMS training;
- Experience in conducting safety/ compliance audits and inspections.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internal and external to the organisation.
- Aviation related qualification in Quality Management
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Compliance/ Audit Training
- Experience of Compliance/ Quality Management, Safety Management System
- Resourcefulness, adaptability and high level of personal motivation and commitment
- Previous experience in the Helicopter industry
- Able to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness
- Full, clean driving licence
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours, if required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to work
- Confident, approachable and enthusiastic
- Accurate, numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Flexibility to travel, when required
- Excellent communication skills
You must hold the rights to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.