We have an opportunity for an operations Safety & Compliance Manager to join an expanding cargo airline based in Bournemouth.
You will coordinate the day to day running of the Safety Management System (SMS) in relation to the Flight and Ground Operations departments both internally and externally.
Internal work includes the coordination of and in some cases the investigation of Safety Reports, coordination of safety issues with other internal departments, performing auditing activities, supporting the Flight Ops and Ground Ops SAGs, coordination with the UK CAA on operational safety issues and the initial/recurrent training of company staff on the effective application of the SMS.
You will need to have at least 5 years of relative experience in a UK/EASA commercial aviation Safety and/or Compliance Management role.
- Safety and/or Compliance experience, training or education under UK/EASA-OPS requirements.
- Operational management experience and a technical background sufficient to understand the systems that support the airline’s flight and ground operations organization.
- Background of higher education.
- Flight Operations, Loadmaster or Dispatcher qualifications.
- Experience and qualification (ideally Cat 6) of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Experience with FDM tools and techniques (L3Harris, Aerobytes, BAFDA/FDM360 etc).
- Experience of worldwide ground operations and remote location operations.
- Team Player.
- Computer Literate.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be prepared to travel to foreign locations.
Bournemouth is an attractive coastal town offering a high quality of life with access to reputable primary and secondary schools, if you are unable to relocate our client can offer you hybrid working dependant on your location.
If this sounds like the right role for you we would love to hear from you!