Chief Technical Editor
Full-time, Gloucestershire, £45k-£55k DOE.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, curating and improving our clients extensive collection of published books, classroom teaching slides and question databases.
- Analysing, evaluating and responding to technical queries from students and instructors.
- Commissioning new content, when appropriate, from subject matter experts.
- Writing new content, when appropriate, across a broad range of ATPL subjects.
- Editing content for style, grammar, ease of reading, teaching flow, technical accuracy and relevance.
- Keeping abreast of technical and operational developments in commercial aviation.
- Keeping abreast of developments in educational best practice.
- Conceiving and commissioning current and new forms of teaching aids to improve understanding.
- Advising the CEO on all matters pertaining to the development of educational products and services for aspiring pilots.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an exceptionally high standard of fluency and competence in spoken and written English.
- Be highly computer-literate.
- Possess a very high level of self-discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness and perfectionism.
- Hold, or have held, an ATPL with at least 1500 hours professional operational experience.
- Have a broad grasp of the entire range of ATPL subjects.
- Have a strong, instinctive passion for education.
- Be a self-motivator, able to work to the very highest standards without supervision.
- Have strong team leadership skills.
- Be willing and able to work full-time at our clients Gloucestershire offices.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.