Responsible for but not limited to:
- Manage department budgets, sales targets, and accounting systems, with robust financial reporting for the department.
- Overall day to day responsibility for Aircraft and Client management.
- Accurately identify cost saving processes and opportunities.
- Oversee and ensure effective communication for all aspects of aircraft delivery to service.
- Understand the technical, crewing and flight limitations in operating a blended fleet aircraft.
- Overall supervision and delivery of Aircraft Operations with cross departmental coordination.
- The efficient administration of the Aircraft Managers, Operations Team, and Flight Dispatchers for all company ground operations, including organisation and efficiency.
- Welfare and discipline of the operations staff and providing leadership and training where appropriate to meet the current or future business requirements of the department.
- Ensuring that the company maintains the highest achievable standards of flight safety and efficiency by supporting industry and regulatory initiatives, the prompt closure of compliance Monitoring audit non-conformances and the adoption of safety management practices within the company.
- Ensuring all operations staff are fully conversant with the company Operations, Procedures, and the Emergency Response Manual.
- Ensuring that all relevant Crew Duty records are maintained in accordance with the approved scheme.
- Maintaining a close liaison with the CAMO on all matters concerning the continued serviceability of the Company's fleet with specific regard to maintaining contract commitments and schedules.
- Support Head of Cabin crew in all duties, aircraft preparation & presentation in accordance client requirements.
- Support Head of Sales in the delivery of charter agreements.
- Attend the Company Senior Management Meetings and the SAG meetings as per the schedule.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered for this position.