You will be responsible for managing the Ground Handling Department and ensure staff members are providing exceptional services to crews and passengers using the Airport facilities, as well as maximising apron and hangar space to improve the efficiency of the operation.
Main responsibilities of the job:
- Effective management of the Ground Handling Supervisor.
- Provide performance management for all members of the Ground Handling Department.
- Be output focussed at all times.
- Be the main focal point for all Ground Handling enquiries.
- Liaise with the Business Development Manager to assist with the management of all aircraft parking on the airport.
- Management of the aprons/hangars to ensure they are presentable at all times.
- Process and manage annual leave requests as required.
- Log and report staff absences to the Operations Manager.
- Manage the department roster, ensuring all shifts are adequately staffed, and report any issues to the Operations Manager as soon as possible.
- Deliver staff training to new team members.
- Perform aircraft refuelling promptly to a variety of aircraft utilising mobile fuel bowsers.
- Manage the Quality and Standards control checks/measures for aviation fuelling activities.
- Assist with all tanker deliveries, ensuring they are conducted safely and promptly.
- Manage all issues affecting refuelling and where necessary, report to the Operations Manager.
- Carry out regular maintenance, and monitor the performance of vehicles/equipment within the operational environment to ensure the highest standard of performance is achieved at all times.
- Report and monitor any faults found with vehicles or equipment.
- Ensure that fuel bowser and fuel farm product levels are maintained in accordance with operational requirements.
- Liaise with other departments regarding aircraft movements to ensure customers receive a swift and effective level of service.
- Ensure all paperwork and administrative duties are completed accurately, promptly, and relevant information is disseminated as appropriate.
- Comply with airport procedures at all times, keeping fully updated with all changes.
- Maintain exceptional airside discipline at all times, including appropriate use of PPE.
- Assist the Operations Manager with Winter Ops procedures to ensure safe airfield operation is maximised in adverse weather conditions.
- Monitor computer systems to ensure customer service is prompt at all times.
- Effectively plan and manage the allocation of aircraft parking on the airport.
- Manage the apron accordingly, including FOD checks, and keeping equipment safely stored.
- Promptly meet inbound aircraft and provide assistance with baggage and equipment as necessary.
- Provide ground handling services as required, including toilet/water servicing, waste removal, ground power supply and de-icing.
- Carry out general duties to enhance the operational output of the airport, including aircraft towing, hanger maintenance, equipment checks and equipment refuelling.
- Assist with vehicle and visitor escorting as required.
- Ensure prompt dispatch of outbound aircraft including; loading of aircraft, removal of chocks, and marshalling signals for pushback or engine start.
- Any other duties as defined/requested by the Operations Manager, within the limits of your knowledge and competence.
You must hold the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this position.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.