This role plays a critical part in the efficient processing and planning of Company aircraft operations in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy as defined in the Operations Manual, utilising the manuals and publications within the Company’s operations library:
- AIC (Aeronautical Information Circulars)
- ANO (Air Navigation Orders) and Regulations
- Company Operations Manuals
- Aeronautical Charts
- Assisting the Operations Supervisor and Duty Operations Manager with the day-to-day running of the Ground Operations Department
- Assisting the Operations managerial team with activating Operational Procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plans, Flight Watch and Overdue Aircraft Programmes where applicable. These procedures form part of the Company’s Safety and Quality Management Manual.
- Close liaison as required with the Engineering Department and maintenance organisations regarding aircraft serviceability.
- Processing pilot duty and rest records in accordance with instructions as defined in the Operations Manual and Operations Procedure Manual.
- Preparation and monitoring the validity of operations with regards to:
- Operational Flight plans
- Flight Time Limitations (FTL) schemes
- Ground Handling services and arrangements
- Overflight, Landing and Charter Permits
- Flight watch of active company flights
- Actioning FTL compliance by implementation of daily crew duty checks and entry of planned pilot movements onto the myairops flight aviation software system.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Proven flight planning and operational experience, ideally gained within a Business Aviation or Air Ambulance environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding on national and international aviation regulations and the effect on day-to-day operational requirements.
- Recent experience in a similar role within a similar organisation, together with the ability to deal with complex operational issues inherent to a fast-moving environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Office Suite and PPS flight planning products, ideally Foreflight.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including senior management and VVIP clients.
- Experience of forming and maintaining working relationships across professional and operational boundaries.
- Experience of working in teams, including influencing colleagues into delivering consistently high standards.
- Experience of continued personal development, including ongoing training and mentoring to promote a cohesive team atmosphere and enjoyable working conditions.
- Enthusiasm for continually seeking better performance from leading by example.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Patience and ability to deal with challenges and a constantly changing work environment, whilst at the same time maintaining the highest standards within your team.
- Excellent customer service.
In addition to a Competitive Salary, our client will offer you:
- Great work life balance with a 4-4 shift pattern.
- Competitive Group Pension Scheme.
- Comprehensive Life Assurance.
- Comprehensive Income Protection.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance.
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare (after successful passing of probation).
- Free Car Parking.
- 2 Paid Volunteering Days each calendar year (subject to line manager approval).
- Investment in Training, Qualifications and Professional Development.