GOOSE Recruitment are excited to be recruiting for an Operation's Specialist on behalf of our reputable client based in London.
Positioned within the International Operations Centre (IOC) as part of the Operations Specialist Team; the main purpose of the role will be to fulfil operational demands from our airline customers while working with the Operations Specialist Team Leader and peers to ensure the group are delivering operational performance in accordance with contracted targets (KPIs) and obligations.
- To act as a focal point & to provide the continuity for company contracted customers & Programme Managers.
- To act as the focal point for maintenance requests received from company contracted customers ensuring these demands are raised in a timely manner, sources of supply are identified and to arrange shipment in accordance with the contractual service level. Highlight any potential shortfalls and working the solution with the supplier and airline/customer.
- To be aware and to assist with the airline/customer daily operational demands process, alongside the fulfilment of customer requests in accordance with the contractual service level.
- To assist with any customer backlogs either system or operational, ensuring customer delays are kept to a minimum whilst maintaining excellent communication with the customer, informing of potential alternative solutions & disruptions of supply.
- In the case of a Nil or No stock situation within the company inventory; Investigate the possible fulfilment of the open demand by expediting the Repair/Purchase Orders, FOC exchange with the Repair vendor. Review the system for alternatives, review relevant OEM websites for alternative that may be available in stock. In the event the demand cannot be satisfied from the expedite process, then tender the market for the most cost-efficient supply solution.
- Once the demand has been fulfilled by either an internal or external solution follow the demand through until shipping information has been provided by the freight forwarder, & in turn communicate the latest updates to the Airline.
- Providing 360 feedback to the Operations Specialist Team Leader where future improvements and changes to our procedures will enhance the operation.
- Pro-actively engage with the allocated Programme and Operations managers to ensure implementation of all contractual requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction and contract performance.
- Identify at an early stage potential problems and risks, evaluate and anticipate implications and be proactive with all concerned parties in developing and defining contingency/recovery plans and actions. Escalation to the relevant manager to support with resolution.
- To ensure that where consumption can be forecast economic provisioning action is taken to provide requirements in a timely fashion obviating the need to purchase on a priority basis. Relevant for
scheduled maintenance. (If required to work closely with the USA based Inventory Manager)
- Educated to at least GCSE Maths and English Grade A- C (or equivalent).
- A broad knowledge and understanding of an Airline operating and business environment including Technical Services, Operations and Customer Services.
- Experience working with demanding customers.
- Advanced computer proficiency: Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/Outlook and easily able to adapt to our internal IT-system.
- Knowledge of IMOPS or a similar inventory management system.
Salary- Between £32K-£35K per annum
You must hold the right to live and work in London in order to be considered for this role.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence