The HSE Lead is a key role focused on maintaining and continuously improving our clients health & safety across the multi discipline areas of aviation regulation, health, safety and environmental performance in both rotary and fixed wing operations. This position leads the implementation of policies and procedures to support the goals of no harm to people or to the environment.
- Implement and oversee Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies and procedures for UK AOCs.
- Manage HSE components of the groups Safety Management System, including hazard identification, risk management, internal auditing and subcontractor control processes.
- Serve as the focal point for HSE related issues and the dissemination of information with associated feedback and tracking.
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and reporting of HSE trends reported through FOCUS cards, ASR’s, GOR’s, GHRs. Accident reports and shared information from other regions.
- Completed a recognised course of study in HSE to NEBOSH diploma as a minimum standard - Essential.
- Recognised academic qualification at undergraduate level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline which includes behavioural sciences and / or Human Factors Investigation - Desirable.
- Lead Auditor qualification for ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 - Essential.
- Incident / Accident Investigation training and experience - Desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in HSE within the aviation industry or other complex industry's - Essential.
- Detailed knowledge / understanding of HSE regulations nationally with the ability to develop and communicate directives from statutes - Desirable.
- Proven experience in one or more of the following aviation areas: - engineering, operations, verification - Desirable.
- Detailed understanding of Safety Management System requirements - Essential.
- 3 or more years of supervisory or leadership experience with a willingness to further development – Desirable.
- Contract bid experience - Desirable.
- Customer / client focus – Desirable.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Good technical understanding of current voice and data technologies.
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis of technical networking environments.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel overseas.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels - Essential.
Location- Aberdeen, Scotland.
You must hold the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence